Wednesday 18 July 2012

Finally, A Day Without Rain!

Yesterday, we finally had a day without rain!  It wasn't exactly sunny, but at least it didn't rain.  So, we took full advantage.  In the morning, we headed over to Kensington Palace and gardens and finally checked out the Princess Diana Memorial Playground (a Peter Pan-themed playground).  We only managed to make it to a couple of the playground areas and Nathan loved it, so we will definitely be going back to this one to check out the rest of it.  Sorry, I only managed to get a couple of pictures from the playground.

After nap, we headed out to Picadilly Circus to see all the lights and shops.  We also stopped off for ice cream there!  It was kind of a zoo - I remember it being crowded there the last time I went, but I feel like it was worse tonight.  I think London has already started to get an influx of people here for the Olympics.  It is going to be a madhouse here, I think.  

We also learned a very important lesson last night - don't take the stroller if you will be attempting to get on the underground at rush hour.  It was completely impossible - we ended up heading back up to the street to catch a bus (we then accidentally got on the right bus, but heading the wrong direction, so our trip home took much longer than expected).




Eating ice cream - yum!  (I also got a cute video of this, but am having technical difficulties with that right now, so will have to post later).



And, this was tonight - he was "helping" me make dinner :)
  

1 comment: