Friday 5 October 2012

Uncle Ryan Comes To Visit

Last weekend Uncle Ryan came to visit us.  We had so much fun with him!  Nathan could not get enough of Uncle Ryan (poor Casey was old news while he was here)!  We took Ryan to lots of London's famous sites, had some great meals, and we even took Ryan and Nathan to their first English Premier League match - Fulham vs. Manchester City.  Uncle Ryan also got to go to Nathan's football lesson on Saturday.  Nathan loved having both of his uncles there!!  We were sad to see Ryan go home, but we can't wait to see him again in December.

Sadly, Uncle Casey also left us today.  After three great months, it was time for him to get back to California.  It was such a special experience for Nathan to get to live with Uncle Casey the last three months.  The two of them became really close and Nathan was very sad to see Casey leave.  I think Casey was pretty sad to leave Nathan too.  The house just doesn't feel the same without Casey here :(  He was such a big help to us and so much fun to have around.  We already miss him!

In other news, we got our first experience with NHS this week.  On Friday, I noticed a lump on my knee just below my knee cap.  It got progressively worse throughout the day until Friday night it was quite big, red, hot, and very tender.  I made a quick call to Uncle Tony and he said I should probably go in to see a Dr. sooner rather than later in case it was a joint infection.  So, Chris and I headed to the local urgent care.  Four hours later, they told me that it is either a skin infection or bursitis.  So, they decided to treat both by putting me on ibuprofen and antibiotics.  This worked wonderfully until Thursday when it flared up again.  Luckily, this time it was a week day and I was able to schedule an appointment with the GP.  He switched up my antibiotics and put me on a different anti-inflammatory and sent me for an x-ray just to make sure it's not a joint infection.  So, the saga continues.  But, it does feel like it is starting to get better.  And, the great part is that all of this has been completely free - gotta love government health care :)  I will keep you posted.  I guess this is an occupational hazard of being a stay-at-home mom :)

Buckingham Palace

Tower Bridge

Nathan's favorite spot in Harrod's Toy Kingdom

Fulham vs. Man City







Nathan modeling his gift from Grandma and Grandpa Valdez

Little Kickers



Nathan's new favorite restaurant - Zuma





No comments:

Post a Comment